Did I mention contests? There really are quite a few going on. I’ll organize them by deadline, not importantance, so here goes:
November 11th, 2006
Mike Moran wrote in about a 24 hour contest sponsored by Apple:
- On Friday, November 10 at 5 p.m. Eastern (2 p.m. Pacific), we will post a list of three elements that you will need to incorporate into your story. From that time, you will have 24 hours to finish and submit your completed short film.
Please remember to read the terms and conditions on this one as there are quite a few.
November 15th, 2006
The Machinimasia contest is under way with just 6 days left to submit! The Best Second Life Machinima winner will get a trip to Singapore and a 3 day hotel stay. More info can be found here.
November 25th, 2006
SL Business Magazine is looking for “Machinima with a Message.”
- All entries are limited to 120 seconds
- The subject of the commercial must be a product, company, or service that exists within Second Life
December 1st, 2006
The Metaverse Messenger is holding a Brave New World machinima contest.
- The trailer should be no longer than 5-6 minutes, with 3-4 focusing on footage of the M2
- It should be created primarily within Second Life using machinima techniques