Sasha “Moo Money” Rudie has taken just two years to develop her reputation as the “go-to” woman for Second Life Machinima. A respected blogger and columnist for some of the largest virtual world publications, she produces Machinima professionally on behalf of clients like Linden Lab, Manpower, American Cancer Society, PBS, and Cisco. Her contacts inside Second Life and throughout the Machinima and MMO community make her a one-woman Madison Avenue for Machinima and Second Life content alike.
- Strong background in community building.
- Hard-working team player with great communication skills.
- Extremely interested in Web 2.0 trends on sites such as Twitter, Facebook, and Ning.
- Virtual world enthusiast experimenting in Second Life, Kaneva, Just Leap In, Lively, Twinity, and many others.
- Podcast friendly.
MACHINIMOO AUGUST 2006 – SEPTEMBER 2008, JUNE 2009 – PRESENT
- As an independent contractor in the machinima field, I’ve been mentioned in Wired, SL Reuters, GigaOM, and many other places. I’ve fielded calls from the manager of Duran Duran, advised Fortune 500 companies, and received offers to speak at universities.
- American Cancer Society: Over the last year, I’ve been working on a 17-minute documentary featuring four Second Life residents discussing how they use the virtual world to fundraise for Relay for Life.
- Text 100: Worked with Manpower to announce their presence in Second Life. Have worked with Cisco since September 2007 on their event announcement machinima.
- Electric Sheep Company: The Grid Review was a video news blog that ran from December 2006 to February 2007. It involved writing, narrating, filming, editing, and blogging about certain subjects once to twice a week. In addition, the shows were delivered to thousands of Second Life residents in-world through a special video player. Community participation and citizen video journalism was encouraged.
- Millions of Us: Completed projects that reached thousands of viewers for companies like C|Net, Intel, and Pontiac for the Jay-Z appearance on the Jimmy Kimmel show.
- Lost in the Magic Forest: Created a 10 second commercial that appeared on Dutch television to promote Zwortboek 2, by Paul Verhoeven.
MACHINIMA.COM SEPTEMBER 2008 – JUNE 2009
WORLD OF WARCRAFT COMMUNITY MANAGER/SECOND LIFE PRODUCTION
- Acted as a liaison between the Machinima.com staff and video partners in the community of World of Warcraft
- Conceptualized contests, as well as encouraged video production
- Produced videos on behalf of Machinima.com
- Wrote up to 90 blog entries per month on the topic of machinima as it pertained to World of Warcraft
- Wrote an original series outline for a Second Life production, as well as first episode script for planned 13 episode series that was cancelled
WEBLOGS, INC NETWORK FEBRUARY 2007 – SEPTEMBER 2008
- As moo Money, I’ve established myself as a top-notch, trustworthy blogger that has delivered quality news relating to the MMO portion of the gaming industry.
- Second Life Insider (02/2007 – 11/2007) – A blog about Second Life news and information. My areas of focus were company highlights, machinima, human interest, and shopping.
- Massively (11/2007 – 07/2008) – A blog about all things MMO-related. Specifically, I wrote the daily Cinemassively column, which highlighted quality MMO machinima.
- WoW Insider (12/2007 – Present) – One of the leading blogs about World of Warcraft news. My specialty was the daily WoW Moviewatch column, which featured machinima by talented artists and also gives advice to aspiring ones.